Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

We are going to rome this weekend and read about the roma pass. It says the pass entitles holders to free admission to the first two museums and/or archaeological sites visited. Does it mean that it considers Colosseum, Palatine hill & Roman Forum as one site or three separate sights.

Posted by
2026 posts

Certainly someone who really knows the answer will respond, but I think the Colosseum was one entry, and the Palatine and Forum combined for another(??) After your first 2 freebies, the remainder will offer discounted entrance fees. As I recall the Borghese was a high-priced ticket so you may consider that as a freebie if it appeals. Also, the Roma pass is good for 3 days of public transportation in Rome...a good deal in itself.

Posted by
1288 posts

The Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum are all counted as one site. We used this and Ostia Antica as our free sites with out any problem.

Posted by
1288 posts

Also, all 4 areas of the national Museum of Rome are also counted as one site.

Posted by
19 posts

The Roma Pass is a great value, to maximize its value, just visit the 2 most expensive sites on your agenda first. The rest of your visits will be discounted. As Denny stated, you also will be able to use 3 days worth of public transportation from the time the pass is 1st validated. The Pass is not valid at the Vatican Museum or St. Peters.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi All thanks for the information and it has been very helpful. We are planning to visit Vatican City on Sunday and from what I have read the last sunday of a month the museum in Vatican City is free.

Posted by
1288 posts

My husband and I visited the Vatican on a free day in 2003. It was the only day we could go and we didn't even know it would be a free day. Just be prepared for MASSIVE crowds. St Peter's wasn't too bad, but the museum had a huge line. The good news is that the line moves faster than normal because they are not collecting money, etc. It is a security check and you are in. However, once in it is literally wall to wall people. (I have clausterphobic tendencies and it was a challenge for me). It was kind of hard to see much due to the immense crowds, but it was a unique experience!!