Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

What is the roma pass?? Do you bypass any line-ups with using it? Would you recommend it?? What places can you get into with using the pass. Also, what places can't you get into with using the pass Sarah

Posted by
129 posts

Hi Sarah - check out http://www.romapass.it/ - they give a lot of information there about what the pass covers. RS also covers it very well in his Rome tour book - I found that section very helpful.

Posted by
2324 posts

also do a search on this site, there was discussion about this topic recently.

Posted by
23 posts

NO - do not get this pass - not that many people accepted it and we wasted our money. You can only get into art museums with it and none of the archeological sites - we just got back and didn't use ours

Posted by
1170 posts

I wondered about this Pass myself.

On checking the web sites, I saw the prices of admission to most places, but did not find cost of the metro in Rome.

Do they have week long travel passes for trains/buses within the city?

Posted by
23 posts

Buy the inter-exchangeable metro pass which is good for busses and local trains for 11 euros. It is a great deal - but the other 9 euros you spend on the Roma pass will probably be wasted.

Posted by
411 posts

Buy the Roma Pass go to the Borghese and Colesseum/Forum/Palatine--- you'll save money and time when you breeze past the long line waiting to get into the Colesseum. Check out the museums/sites on the website for the pass. If you are going to 2 or more of those and planning to use public transport then it's a great deal.

Posted by
7 posts

We bought the Roma Pass and were very very happy with it. We used it for the Borghese, the Capotline, and National Museums and at the Colosseum and Forum. Also used it for the metro and the bus. I think we got our 20 Euro value from it. If you are into museums, it's a great deal. Be sure to reserve your spot at the Borghese, its very popular and was sold out for days when we were there.
Bec

Posted by
68 posts

Is it best to buy the Roma Pass on line or when you get there. We are going in May.

Posted by
59 posts

I'm curious if you buy the Pass, and plan to say go to the Colosseum and the Borghese, how is the best way to do so in order to avoid lines?

(BTW - just those two makes you money, because the RomaPass is 20 and the Col+Borg = 22, plus you get a free metro pass included)

Posted by
2324 posts

To prior post - You have to make your Borghese reservation online (you get a time slot, don't have to pay ahead, just show your pass when picking up your ticket). Reservations are HERE.

Posted by
1 posts

Does anyone know if I should also purchase a pass for my 7 year old son (U.S. not E.U.) ? Or is the admission to some of these sites not worth it for that age?

Posted by
1127 posts

"NO - do not get this pass - not that many people accepted it and we wasted our money. You can only get into art museums with it and none of the archeological sites - we just got back and didn't use ours"

This isn't accurate. There are many archeological sights that the RomaPass is valid for. Check out the website (www.romapass.it) for a list of places the pass is valid at.

Posted by
261 posts

We used our Roma pass at Hadrian's Villa, Borghese Gallery, and Colloseum/Forum (at half price). Borghese gallery tickets were 13.5E with 2E reservation fee. We definitely got our money's worth out of our pass. We also used it for the busses everyday. There is no Children's discount (unless you're from the EU).

Posted by
251 posts

We had a hard time finding the Roma Pass. Every time we asked for it we were told they were sold out. Never did find it. Buying tickets at Palatine Hill for it and the Colosseum avoided a line. You just have to make your way past the line to the Colosseum to get to the turnstiles. Don't be shy about it.

Posted by
1540 posts

I bought my Roma Pass at the main train station. I probably didn't save much money in using it - but it was sure convenient.
I think I may have broken even on the cost - but I couldn't put a price on the convenience and the great little map that came with the pass.
Frances

Posted by
19 posts

So, if they can be "sold out" at some locations, does it make sense to buy the Roma Pass online?

Posted by
83 posts

We bought ours at the Termini train station tourist information desk. We used it for the Colosseum and the Borghese Gallery. It pays for itself if you use it only at these two places, plus it included transportation, so we did save some money, not to mention time because it was convenient. If you plan on going to 2 places it covers then it would be worth it.