Please sign in to post.

restaurants in Sorrento

My husband and I are planning a trip to Sorrento, Italy in late September. Would appreciate recommendations to good restaurants in the area.

Posted by
37 posts

My husband and I have been to Sorrento two times and each time we have eaten at Ristorante Bagni Delfino. The food was delicious, the service friendly and the views amazing at the water's edge. We highly recommend it.

Posted by
11205 posts

I would return to Sorrento to eat the fresh seafood at Bagni Delfino.

Posted by
4136 posts

We went to Bollicine Wine Bar and Cucina twice last week. It's a little hole in the wall, but a gem. It doesn't have a website, address is Via Dell'Accademia 9/11. Best bruschetta I've ever had.

Posted by
10223 posts

We had a couple of excellent meals last month at Donna Sophia. Indoor and garden seating.

Posted by
4830 posts

Allan and Bets, are these places hard to find? Thx for your input!

Posted by
4136 posts

Pat, not really. From the main pedestrian road, Corso Italia, look for the clock tower, turn north down a narrow road called Guilliani for two blocks to a narrow road called Via dell'Accademia, turn right and it's a couple of shops in on your right. It's not well signed and it's just past Giradinaello restaurant which is owned by the Bollicinie's owner's Father.

Posted by
10223 posts

Here you go Pat: https://www.ristorantedonnasofia.com/en/

Not difficult to find. Sorrento is walkable.
Wife is the chef, husband is out front, and there are several servers and bar tender. Actually, the chef/owners are close friends with the Menottis, Rick Steves' taxi driver family (father, son and now grandson drive). The father recommended it to us when I asked for recommendations, then the son told us about the personal family relationship after our stay as he was driving us to Naples.

Posted by
1 posts

I would also highly recommend Donna Sofia. The restaurant is a tribute to Italian actress Sophia Loren and her photos line the walls. The food is delectable and the service is attentive. I will be in Sorrento in November for a week and intend to eat at Donna Sofia every night. If it is not on the menu, ask your waiter about the limoncello cake.

Posted by
158 posts

I haven’t been there since 2019 but we’ve really enjoyed having dinner at “Da Filippo” every time we’ve been in Sorrento.

Enjoy your trip!