Please sign in to post.

RESTAURANTS IN SORRENTO

We'll (four adults) be staying in Sorrento for several days in May, 2012 with day trips to Capri and Amalfi Coast points of interest. What are some of the great restaurant experiences (food, atmosphere, service) we should look for in Sorrento?

Posted by
1512 posts

We spent three nights in Sorrento and ate at Ristorante da Gigino all three nights. Great seafood pasta dishes and in March they had terrific fresh fish. They supposedly also serve great pizza but we could only eat so much and the other dishes were too good to pass up.

Posted by
3112 posts

I was in Sorrento in May and had good meals at Ristorante da Gigino, Ristorante Laterna Due, Inn Bufalito and Pizzeria da Franco. All are reasonably priced. Inn Bufalito has a more contemporary menu and decor than the others, and the quality of the food is outstanding. Ristorante da Gigino and Ristorante Laterna Due offer offer more traditional menus and atmosphere. I've eaten at Ristorante da Gigino many times over the years and have always enjoyed my meal. Pizzeria da Franco is very informal. I like it best for lunch. If you want a fun place to stop for a nightcap, try the Irish pub on Corso Italia (different place from the English Inn).

Posted by
9423 posts

We really liked Pizzeria Aurora in the main square. Friendly staff, great food, great atmosphere. Especially enjoyed sitting outside on their terrace.