Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in Rome

I am looking for restaurant recommendations in the center of Rome. We will be staying near the Pantheon. I'm not concerned with price; but want something with ambiance, character and great Italian food. What have been your favorite finds? :>)

Posted by
7737 posts

You're going to love ParlaFood.com. It's all about restaurants in Rome. Check it out.

Posted by
282 posts

Our very favorite restaurant in Rome is Roscioli. A close second is Piperno. We also love Pizzarium for interesting pizza. Cafe Sant Eustaccio is our favorite for a quick espresso and nearby Cul du Sac is great for lunch (and they have a fantastic wine list). Katie Parla's blog is a gem.

Posted by
282 posts

Sorry, the name of the restaurant in Rome is Cul de Sac (not Cul du Sac - which is in Paris!).

Posted by
11613 posts

Cul de Sac has wines that are hard to find elsewhere - I was looking for a Passito di Pantelleria for a gift and they had several choices of excellent quality. The restaurant is on Via del Governo Vecchio just west of Piazza Navona. La Isola della Pizza near St. Peter's is also very good, and serve much more than pizza.

Posted by
101 posts

We really loved Alfredo Alla Scrofa, http://www.alfredoallascrofa.com/en/. It's where Fettuccine Alfredo originated. We didn't realize that when we happened upon it. I ended up having the Cacio e Pepe which was fabulous. The restaurant has been there for over 100 years, the history shows in it's decor. We were thrilled our entire meal was delicious and the service was great.

Posted by
4894 posts

Sacred and Profane is within walking distance of the Pantheon. It is actually close to Trevi Fountain and I believe it is listed in RS Rome book. If you can locate it in the book, let me know and I'll do so research for you as to the exact address. TC