Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in Milan

Hi,
I’ll have two nights in Milan between 8/28-8/29. Does anyone have any restaurants they could recommend for lunch/dinner across various price points? I’ll be staying near Milano Centrale, but I’m interested in trying something in or near Brera/Duomo neighborhoods.

Thanks!!
Melissa

Posted by
1802 posts

Hi,

I enjoy the food at Prinici. I know of them from their London location. They are a small Milan based chain. I think there’s a location in centrale. Pretty casual so might be better for lunch.

https://www.princi.com/locations/

For dinner we just wandered around the canal district and found a place that looked interesting. I can’t recall the restaurant’s name but it was good. I’m sure others will be by shortly with additional suggestions.

Have a great trip.

Posted by
11298 posts

We love Mamma Rosa near Centrale. We eat there every time we are in Milano, which is almost annually.

Posted by
6289 posts

We loved the Bottega Ghiotta, Corso Sempione 5. Great risotto and seafood. ( My notes say " octopus was best ever, squid good, gambarette rosse very good.") We wandered into it one night, tired and hungry, and enjoyed it so much we made reservations for our last night in Milan - and Italy.

Posted by
41 posts

I am staying in Milan the week after you. I researched various restaurants and found the Maio Restaurant. It has very good reviews and has an outside terrace with beautiful views of the Milan Duomo.

Posted by
225 posts

My favorite is Ristorante Valentino on Via Agnello. It is very near the Duomo. I had the saffron risotto (traditional in Milan) and returned the next day to have it once again. Absolutely delicious.

Posted by
20012 posts

Antica Osteria Cavallini
About 3 blocks diagonally from Centrale and 2 blocks from hotels Berna and Garda. Excellent food with a pleasant garden section in the back. Eat early with the tourists or late with the locals.
https://www.anticaosteriacavallini.it/

Posted by
23 posts

Thank you to all for your recommendations!! I will look into all of them this weekend. I was originally trying to eat at Trattoria Trippa, but they are closed for August.

Posted by
27055 posts

I'm sure you're doing this anyway, but check days and hours of operation carefully before heading to any restaurant. I've been researching Milan for a trip of my own, and I have run into markets closed and restaurants with hours apparently reduced (neither condition seeming to be permanent, which is good). The most extreme example was a two-location local restaurant chain with one branch now open only 4 days a week and the other only 2 days a week.

Posted by
2 posts

Though it has been several years, Hostaria Borromei was excellent. Price point around 50 Euro per person with wine. I enjoyed their pasta with seafood as well the ossobuco.