Please sign in to post.

Restaurant recommendations in Rome

Hi all,

I would love recommendations for restaurants while I am in Rome next week. Looking for authentic cuisine.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Posted by
11130 posts

It may be too late to get a reservation but go to the website for Armando al Pantheon.

Posted by
1046 posts

Carlo Menta in Trastevere. Very authentic, local, non-fussy.

Posted by
69 posts

Go to Katie Parla's website and see what she recommends, as all of her picks were successful when I went.

Some highlights were:
Roscioli (classic pastas and well-sourced cured meat and cheeses as well as a killer wine list)
Tavernaccia da Bruno (mix of Roman, Umbrian, and Sardinian cooking, go on a Sunday and get lasagna and roast sucking pig)

Posted by
2047 posts

We always go to Trattoria Perilli for a traditional meal. Their amatriciana and carbonara are amazing.I would contact right away for reservations. The are closed on Wednesdays.

Posted by
2023 posts

Agree with the Perilli suggestion. The food is fabulous and the restaurant is not full of tourists. It is a bit out of the way but could be combined with the Aventine Hill walk. And in that area is the Mouth of Truth if you want to see it. The church next to MOT is really worth seeing. From there you can walk to Baths of Caracalla--worth a quick look. Metro station is near Baths.

Posted by
27 posts

We always enjoy dinner at Hostaria Romania on Via del Boccaccio , just off of Piazza Barberini. Advance reservations needed.