Please sign in to post.

Restaurant recommendations

I'll be in Rome, Florence and Venice in the next couple of weeks and would love to hear what restaurants anyone would highly recommend for dinner. Thx!

Posted by
23 posts

In Rome, we loved Pizza in Trevi, Voglia di Pizza and La Soffitta Renovatio.

In Florence, we liked Lorenzo de Medici, Ciro & Sons and Mama Eat.

I have to eat gluten-free and all were excellent for me, but the gluten-eaters in our group ate very well too.

Posted by
4890 posts

Lets start with Venice. In the Rialto Bridge area consider Trattoria Da Marco Valla Fava on Calle Stagneri. It is a bit on the pricey side, so you might want to do lunch rather than dinner. Some of the best sea food ever!! Try to eat inside rather than outside. The place has been around at least 50 years so they must be doing it right.

Also in the Rialto area ( but on the other side of the Grand Canal) when walking to Piazzale Roma is an out of the way place named Pane Vino e San Daniele on Calle Dei Boteri. Definitely a hole in the wall local place, good food, good house wine, and not expensive at all.

Many canal side places are overpriced and under quality. There is an exception. You might want to try Trattoria Da Giorgia ai Greci. It is very close to San Marco, but well away from the crowds. A wee bit pricey, but not out of sight prices, and the food is really great.

In Florence, consider these options: Giglio Rosso located at 35 via Panzani. Their web site is https://www.ristorantegigliorosso.com/en/about/.

Olio & Convivium Gastronomia Restaurant. It's on the Pitti Palace side of the river on Via di Santo Spirito. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent food, and good wine. A bit pricy, so you might want to try it for lunch rather than dinner when reservations are usually needed. The web site is (or was) https://oliorestaurant.it/.

You should be able to check the menus for pricing and such for all of them on line.

Google maps street view is a great tool to locate these places and "walk" to them ahead of time.