Please sign in to post.

Restaurant Recommendation for Thanksgiving Dinner in Rome on 23November2023

Hi All

My family and I will be in Rome on Thanksgiving Day, 23November2023, and I want us to have a nice Italian dinner that evening. I am not looking for a super high end restaurant, but a place where we can get a nice dinner for about $100 per person including wine. We are staying at a B&B close to Piazza Navona and would prefer a place that is walking distance (to work off the Thanksgiving dinner!) or a short Uber ride away. Any recommendations that you might have will be most welcome. Thanks for your help and advice.

Penn

Posted by
11367 posts

You will be close to Armando al Pantheon and La Rosetta, both excellent restaurants.

Posted by
570 posts

I like Cul De Sac which is right off Piazza Navona and has a very good selection of wines in addition to great Roman food. It is not fancy but popular with locals and has an authentic "vibe".

Posted by
92 posts

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll Google search them and take a look at the menu. I forgot to mention that one person in my party is vegetarian, so I'll take a look at the vegetarian selections available at all three restaurants.

Penn

Posted by
1057 posts

Renato e Luisa is the restaurant I return to every time I'm in Rome. Choose from the daily blackboard specials, but the linked website will give you an idea of what they offer. Everything from bread to dessert is made in-house. Not super fancy but delicious. Reservations required. Also, I know you said Thanksgiving dinner, but just be aware they are only open for dinner, never for lunch.

It's definitely walking distance from Piazza Navona, just off Largo Argentina.

Posted by
570 posts

I second the rec for Renato e Luisa, even though I already recommended Cul de Sac above. It's a bit further away but worth the walk, and very good food.

Posted by
92 posts

Thanks for the recommendation for Renato e Luisa. I'll definitely look it up on line. The family and I will definitely go to Cul de Sac one evening, but probably to have a glass or two of wine with some hor d'oeuvres,

Please keep the recommendations coming as I am trying to make sure that the restaurant we go to has some vegetarian options for one of my family members.

Penn