Please sign in to post.

Reservations in Rome

Hi everyone!!! It's me again with yet another question. We are looking at all the main sights in Rome. From what we can see the only one that requires mandatory reservations is the Borghese Gallery. Is this correct?? The sights we're looking into are the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Pantheon, National Museum of Rome, Borghese Gallery, Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica. Basically we're going by RS top sights out of Rome at a glance. Are there athers that we should include in our itinerary or is this good for (4) full days in Roma?

Posted by
16 posts

we used through eternity tours and they were great, they explained the sights in detail, started at 10am and went until 6pm. well worth it. did not reserve anything other than the guide.

Posted by
122 posts

I'm headed to Rome in a month or so, and decided to have reservations everywhere I could in order to try and avoid some of the lines. In particular, everything I've read recommends a guided "skip the line" tour of the Vatican, and we booked Angel Tours for that purpose. In the end, you can't lose by making reservations in advance - and you stand to gain some time while not waiting in lines that you can use for even MORE sightseeing and great food and wine! Enjoy!

Posted by
23245 posts

Remember there are two types of lines. The ticket buying line which can be avoided with reservations and museum passes and the security line which cannot be avoided. We found the security line at the Vatican long and no way around it.

Posted by
5 posts

Hi Lisa,

We leave in 2 weeks for our trip & booked our Vatican tour directly through their office of Guided Tours.

Here is the website: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html

I e-mailed them one month to the day of our requested visit and they e-mailed me back. If you e-mail them early (as I did), they tell you to e-mail them again at one month out.

Hope that helps.

Trish