Please sign in to post.

reservation confirmation

I made reservations on the website of a hotel in Monterosso al Mare. I received a conformation number at the end of the reservation request but I have not yet received a confirmation email. I've sent two emails to the hotel asking for the email conformation but haven't received any reply. Should I make back-up reservations just in case?

Posted by
1234 posts

What is the name of the hotel? Some may not be open now. If you post the name, some of the regulars who frequent Monterosso may be able to advise you better.

Posted by
3 posts

It is Hotel Souvenir. Does anyone know if this hotel is closed at this time?

Posted by
1234 posts

OK, I did a search to possibly book a room in Feb. and the site stated they are closed until Mar. 11. This is most likely why they haven't answered you. This happens frequently when places close. Since you do have a confirmation #, you are probably good to go. At least, that is what I have found in my experience. Here is what I checked.

https://reservations.verticalbooking.com/reservation_hotel.htm?tot_camere=1&tot_adulti=2&tot_bambini=0&gg=29&mm=2&aa=2016&ggf=2&mmf=3&aaf=2016&notti_1=2&id_stile=10806&lingua_int=eng&id_albergo=14021&dc=3195&converti_valuta=&sconto=&countryCode=US&gps_latitude=&gps_longitude=&adulti1=2&bambini1=0

Posted by
7737 posts

The hotels/B&Bs in coastal resort towns and villages in Italy often shut down during the winter months. That's what's happening here.

Posted by
32219 posts

As the others have mentioned, most of the tourist related businesses in the Cinque Terre close during the winter months. You'll likely get a reply to your E-mails after 11 March to confirm your reservation.

Did they provide directions on how to reach the hotel (I assume you're arriving by train)?

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for the information. I did not receive any other information except the reservation code, total rate and cancellation policy. I'll wait until March to see if I get more information.