Please sign in to post.

Rental car

I made arrangements in the US renting a car with AutoEurope in Maine, for the use of it in Venice, Italy, and got a midsize car for a reasonable price. But when I picked up the car at Europcar, the car company associated with AE, I was charged additional mandatory fees of 385€. The grand total with $850, Is this normal?

Posted by
83 posts

I was given a contract, assuming I was signing off for receiving the vehicle. I asked if he was charging me for anything and he said I already paid for the vehicle. my voucher says paid in full. I looked at my contract when I arrived at my pace of stay and read that I was carved €385.82 I will have to check back with them a week later when I return because I am already on my way to the Dolomites. Thank you for the reply. will let you know what took place.

Posted by
32212 posts

Sammee, Enjoy the Dolomites! I was just there a few days ago. Which town are you staying in? Hopefully you get better weather than I did. Cheers!

Posted by
83 posts

We leave tomorrow for San Cassiano, hoping to climb Mt Lagazuoi and see the open air museum, also hiking from R. Auronzo to Pian di Cengia or Bullelejoch for two overnight. hope the weather is good to hike. We will be there for a week.