Please sign in to post.

Recommendation for Lucca Hotel to get to Pisa Airport

Hi,

We are looking for a hotel in Lucca to stay the night before our flight out of Pisa airport.
What hotel in Lucca would be good to stay if our flight from Pisa leaves at 9:35AM. We would have to be PISA airport by 7:30AM.
Wondering if staying in a Agriturismo is worth it for only one night.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted by
32200 posts

I'd suggest having a look at Hotel Rex, which is about a two minute walk from the rail station. That will facilitate your transport to the airport on the morning of your flight. I found the room to be very comfortable and the staff were great, and there was a nice restaurant within easy walking distance from the hotel.

Posted by
1232 posts

I just returned from there last week and did the same thing. Spent 2 nights in Lucca, in the historic center, in a wonderful B&B, filled with antiques. I can give you the info if you like. It was a short taxi ride, maybe 10 min. to the train, and I had to get the 5:37am train as my flight was at 7:30am. Got to the airport around 6:30am and had no problems.

Posted by
368 posts

We just had to drop off our car at Pisa airport and then had reservations at Hotel Piccolo Puccini in Lucca. Since there were 6 of us, we took a shuttle that the hotel had suggested. We just did this two weeks ago and it was easy and fast. Just to let you know, the train doesn't connect to the airport, the last stop is Centrale, which is not the airport. I am not sure how far the walk would be. Also, check what times the trains start to run if it is a weekend or holiday. You will need to take an early train!

just a thought,
Marie

Posted by
1232 posts

Marie is correct, the train does not go to the airport. You will need to take the Pisamover, a bus which runs every 10 minutes or so, to the airport. You can either buy a combination ticket with your train ticket, buy a ticket at the train station (Pisa Centrale) from the newsstand, or buy a ticket on the bus. Cost is 1.50 - 2 euros. Fairly quick ride.