Please sign in to post.

Ravenna to Venice

Hi!

Our royal caribbean cruise next month will end in Ravenna and I'm trying to find out more about transportation to Venice. I love trains and that would have my preference, but if there's a faster way I'm open to that as long as it's not crazy expensive. I have a few questions that I hope will make it easier to decide;

1. How much is the RCL shuttle to Venice per person?
  2. What time does the shuttle leave and how long does it take?
  3. How much is the RCL shuttle to the Ravenna train station and what time does that leave?
  4. How much would it cost to take a taxi to the Ravenna train station and how long is the wait typically?

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

Posted by
6600 posts

Welcome

Your first 3 questions should be asked to the cruise company.
I doubt anyone here knows the offerings from your particular cruise

Cost of taxi to Ravenna shouldn’t be much more than 30 euros, possibly less

Your cheapest option will likely be taxi then train

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you, I was hoping not to have to call them, but if no one knows the answers I'll put on my big girl pants! ;-)

Do you know approximately how long the wait for a taxi is? I read some horror stories of people having to wait a long time and I know I'll be chomping at the bit as soon as we disembark.

Posted by
5087 posts

Agree with Christine. The place to look is Cruise Critic. com. There are 3 different forums you can check. The RCCL forum, the Ports of Call forum for Italy, and the Roll Call thread for your specific sailing.

Of course also check your cruiseline website which may be listing the Ravenna/Venice shuttles as pre or post cruise excursions.

However cruise line shuttles are almost invariably more expensive than DIY options

Posted by
12172 posts

cruisecritic.com is the right place to ask the question. They have forums specifically for people who will be on your cruise. Typically, they organize a meet and greet the first night on the ship too, sometimes with a low-value gift exchange of something from your home.

The cruise line probably also offers transfers before and after the cruise, for a price. My personal experience is if the ship offers it, you can do it yourself for less than half what they're charging you. That's really my only complaint with cruise critic, people there do a lot more ships excursions than I do, they seem to be much less budget conscious.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks everyone! I actually have a cruisecritic account ... not sure why I didn't think about that. I will give that a shot.