Please sign in to post.

Ravenna not in 2022 Italy Guidebook?

Hello, why is Ravenna not included in the most recent Italy guidebook??

Posted by
11500 posts

Lots of places of interest to travelers are not included in RS Guides. He includes the locations his tours go. For a comprehensive guidebook look at Fodors, Frommers or DKEyewitness.

Posted by
997 posts

I have the 27th edition Italy guidebook (published November 2022) and there is a section on Ravenna starting on page 379.

Posted by
2622 posts

Perhaps the OP has the Best of Italy guidebook, not the more complete version.

Posted by
2 posts

I believe I have the Kindle version of the November 2022 guidebook and Ravenna is not included in the "Near Venice" section. It was included in that section in earlier RS Italy guidebooks (e.g., 2014)..

Posted by
4425 posts

Now that Venice is no longer a cruise port I wouldn't be surprised if it makes an appearance next time the RS cruise guide is updated in 2025.

Posted by
1686 posts

I agree with Suki. You need to consult other guidebooks, such as Lonely Planet, Michelin Green Guide, and Rough Guides, in addition to the ones she suggests. I have noticed that Rick omits wonderful destinations from his guidebooks.

Posted by
1026 posts

Ravenna is covered in the RS Venice specific guide. I see it listed in the contents on the website. I have a recent copy if you're really interested in how much is covered there.

=Tod