Please sign in to post.

Ravenna italy

My father is us to Ravenna Italy next year. Is there anything to see and do there? Chase

Posted by
3595 posts

What to see in Ravenna? In a word, mosaics. Ravenna has the best Byzantine mosaics outside of Turkey. There are several churches, baptistries, and a mausoleum with just awe-inspiring examples of this art. Everything except the church of Sant' Apollinare in Classe is in the historic center and walkable. (The centro is pedestrianized.) There are also museums and non-religious archaeological sites. Like most Italian towns there are many attractive piazzas with cafes for relaxing and people watching. Plenty of good restaurants, as well. We stayed at a wonderful b&b. If you'd like the contact info, you can e-mail me.

Posted by
17 posts

As well as the fabulous mosaics, churches and museums, you can easily visit the cities of Padua and Venice. And Ravenna is close to the coast for some beach time.

Posted by
40 posts

Revenna is a wonderful town, the TI will let you use free bikes during the day. It made it easy to see the town , find some great places to see and eat.
May I suggest a wonderful B&B we stay at last month
www.casadelena.it, I found her on Trip Advisor. Elena speaks very good English, the house is nicely located, quite, clean and a great breakfast.
The Mosaics are stunning!
Have a great time.
Eileen