Please sign in to post.

private water taxi in Venice

I was about to book a private water taxi until I read some of the reviews. Could someone please recommend a great service? We will arrive by train and need a taxi to the B&B and we will need an early 4:00 am taxi from B&B to the airport. our flight leaves at 6:25 am.

Thanks

Posted by
11156 posts

Regarding water taxi from Venice to airport. Our landlord warned us to check the tide table which impacted our ride.

Posted by
3812 posts

You know there are also shared water taxi and water buses, don't you? The "top questions" page about Venice on TripAdvisor mentions both companies

Posted by
71 posts

Yes. we will have 8 people in our group so I think it would just be easier and quicker if we got a private taxi.

Posted by
20090 posts

Once again, you're reading of on-line reviews has led you to question what would normally be something I would not give a second thought to. On-line reviews are almost exclusively posted by people with something to complain about. What is the nature of these negative reviews?

Posted by
20090 posts

All of the water taxis are privately owned and operated. They work though dispatch agencies, like Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia. As the other poster indicated, some times, water taxis are subject to tidal conditions. They seem like a reputable outfit, with a 24-hour phone line, and English is the Lingua Franca these days.
https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/en/information.php

As far as rudeness, most don't speak much English, are in the business of getting you quickly and safely to your destination, and obeying the law. They are the captain of the ship and their orders are to be obeyed, like "Sit down!" They don't wan't you falling out of the boat or getting your head taken off by a low bridge, or blocking their view. Since they don't work for tips, they are usually quite direct in their communications. Don't worry about it.

Posted by
7299 posts

8 guests makes the decision an easy Yes. Note that lifting the luggage out at the destination can be a chore, where the boat driver helps. Do you need 3-hour airport check-in for a USA return?

Posted by
495 posts

I would agree with Sam; checked out a few and I have booked them for the 4 of us for our trip this September.

Jean

Posted by
71 posts

thanks everyone!

I booked a private taxi. I will confirm/remind the day before just for my piece of mind. The company said they will decide on a pick up time to bring us to the airport. They know how long it will take to get us there. I'm relying on them. fingers crossed.

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey cajun
Yeah you’ll have no regrets, best way to arrive in Venice!! done it 5 times, even took one to Burano. enjoy the magical Venice. any more questions ask
aloha