Please sign in to post.

Private Vatican tour

Hi! Does anyone have recommendations on a company to use for a private tour of the Vatican? Thanks!

Posted by
15856 posts

"Private" as in no other people at all on your tour? That you have a guide all to yourself?
Can you also be more specific about "Vatican"? Museums? Basilica? Scavi? Gardens?

Posted by
3812 posts

You can visit only the Vatican Museums, the Gardens, the Basilica of Saint Peter (free) and the excavations underground the Basilica. You can also freely enter and roam around the Square. That's all, you can't see anything else of the Vatican State.

The best tours of the Museums are those offered by the Vatican itself in the early morning, when they are still closed. But you'll be in a (small) group.

Posted by
18 posts

Yes - I meant museums. I’ve just had people tell me to make sure to book a private tour as it’s worth the extra money to be in a very small group or just me and my husband to navigate the museums.

Posted by
471 posts

We're fans of the DIY tour but that's us. The Vatican website does offer tours with various levels of exclusivity but be prepared to pay...a lot.