Please sign in to post.

Prescription Drugs

Hi, I have a doctor's note for my prescription medications and will only bring a 30 day supply for our 12 day trip. One of my meds is attivan. Should I leave that at home? I can't find information other than bring it with care.

Posted by
4796 posts

Be sure to take the data sheet that comes with the Rx to show what it is and that it is for your. Since you plan to bring 30 days worth for a 12 day trip, I'm assuming the extra is for back up. If so, keep half in your purse and the other half with your traveling companion. If something happens to one batch, you're still covered.

Posted by
6333 posts

One of my meds is attivan. Should I leave that at home?

Do you need it? If so, bring it. But make sure you have the prescription with you. And bringing a 30 day supply for a 12 day trip might not be a great idea since it is a classed as a narcotic.

Posted by
17863 posts

They wont look is never a good answer.

I poked around a bit and discovered that it is the most common perscription in Spain. That makes me feel better about it. See if you can get your doctor to give you a note for it with the name Lorazepam on it. Then carry the stuff in the original pharmacy issued container and a copy of the note and the perscription. Then I think the worst that could happen is they take it from you .... or a Turkish prison ..... naaaa, I function under the assumption that if I wouldnt expect to be treated badly in the US under a particular circumstance, then I expect that in most any other country the same will be true. BUT, after I demonstrate that I took them seriously and followed all the rules as I understood them.

I carry a drug that is not sold in the EU, so far so good, but they could take it away at any stop and thats my bad, not theirs. I wish there were an easy source for information, but so far I havent found it.

And the https://doctorsa.com is a good link to hang on to.

Just read FrankII post. Thats excellent and since Italy is in the EU and there is some commonality amount EU countries the requirements would be a good check list to use for going to any EU country (but not guaranteed).