We have sadly decided to postpone our trip til next spring. We were scheduled to leave 9/10- and just realized we have too much on our plates right now to really enjoy the trip.
The postponement is not really COVID related although that did play a role in our decision- lots of other things going on here.
I am bummed but I will get over it. This is the third trip we have canceled/postponed. Grrrr.
So- my question is this:
We were originally going to Stresa on arrival to Milan then on to Verona-Tuscany- Rome.
If we move our trip to late April should we stick with Stresa - is it too chilly/rainy? Date would be around 4/22-4/23.
I have looked at historical weather data, etc and just wondered of anyone has visited Stresa at that time of year?
We could stick with Tuscany and points south- we have no problem going back to Sorrento and visiting Naples instead (we can fly home direct from Naples)- save the north for next trip- hopefully next Sept. when we could actually give the area more time. (Milan, lakes, Bologna, Padua, Venice again etc.)
Changing the direction of the trip going Rome to Stresa doesn’t really work out as well- car rental, transportation etc.
Should I be concerned about the Italian holidays- April 25, May 1?
Thanks for any suggestions.