Please sign in to post.

Positano

We are leaving for Positano on Thursday to do a cooking class for a week. Is there anything anyone can recommend that we do or see in Positano if we have free time in between classes? Thanks!

Posted by
3112 posts

Positano doesn't have any big sights to see. The town itself is the main attraction, kind of forcing you to relax. In town, you can spend time at the beach or wander through the many shops. There's also a paved path along the coast to a small town tucked into an inlet. It starts near the dock - nice 15-20 minute walk. If you have a half or full day off from classes, good options are bus or boat to Amalfi town or Sorrento, or boat to Capri.

Posted by
60 posts

Thanks Frank. Those are some great tips! Can you recommend any good restaurants in Positano? We will have some evenings free to go out for dinner. Thanks!

Posted by
3112 posts

While the restaurants along the beach are fun, my favorite is one inland. Don't recall the name offhand, but you follow Via Colombo to the square where the taxis wait. Then, instead of turning left to go down toward the beach, you continue ahead for a short distance. On the left, there are stairs down to a restaurant. Their homemade ravioli was amazing. Don't recall my entree or what the other people with me ate, but we all enjoyed everything and prices were reasonable. Local wine by the bottle was also inexpensive. In think the restaurant may now be in Rick's guidebook, but not certain.

Posted by
2374 posts

We ate at Bruno's three times and loved it. It is on the walk up to the main bus stop. From the center of town, you turn right up the hill and it is almost at the top. Tables outside on the sidewalk overlooking town and food was fantastic and good price. Chez Black down at the beach is great place for glass of wine and people watching. There is a restaurant to the right of Chez Black as you face it that we thought was just okay and way overpriced. Enjoy.