Please sign in to post.

Places to stay in Venice?

My boyfriend and I are going to be in Venice for 2 nights in April and are looking for a place to stay. We looked on vrbo.com and have emailed the Ablergo Guerrato but would love anymore suggestions from the Rick Steves' bunch. Any help is greatly appreciated. : )

Posted by
7737 posts

Guerrato is great. We stayed there in 2003 and will be going back this May. Do a keyword search for Guerrato to see more specifics about this place.

Posted by
4802 posts

Stayed at Guerrato last April and will stay there again. Good breakfast and is very close to vaporette stop at the market -- you don't have to fight the crowds at Rialto Bridge. It's also in an area where locals tend to shop and mingle.

Posted by
3580 posts

I have used www.venere.com when looking for hotels in Venice and elsewhere. There are many choices in various price ranges. You pay at the hotel and venere has a liberal cancellation policy.

Posted by
934 posts

Id stay at Hotel Doni and save some money.Its on a canel near St.Marks square.If you use a shared bathroom(they are clean)its is under 100e.

Posted by
160 posts

Brooke,

We stayed at a lovely hotel called Hotel Arcadia. Breakfast was included, very clean, safe and very nice staff. It is located in the Cannereggio section of Venice.

Posted by
30 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Ala a few years ago and long to go back. Great location, our room overlooked a canalito, and fabulous breakfasts. It may be a bit expensive but well worth it.

Posted by
409 posts

My recommendation is the Al Teatro B&B. We stayed there last year and are booked there again in April. Only 3 rooms...book the Amber Room, which has a balcony. All rooms overlook a canal. Great breakfast, too. And it's in a great location, a 5-10 minute walk to St. Mark's Square. http://www/bedandbreakfastalteatro.com

Posted by
8 posts

Just got back from Italy and the first two nights Sat-Sun we stayed at the Hotel Bernardi. It was my first trip to Italy so after staying in 5 different towns(in one week)what was I thinking....I liked this place. Culture shock for me sharing a bathroom and leaving the key at the desk when you leave,tiny CLEAN rooms, laundry hanging out the window in the morning. What could be better. Walk to anywhere.