Please sign in to post.

places to stay in siena

we have found we have 3 days to spend starting Saturday and want to spend it in Siena. Not to many stairs, and 60E or less for two people. thanks!! bud

Posted by
606 posts

Rick Steves' 2008 Tuscany book mentions Albergo Tre Donzelle with double rooms for 49 Euros (60 Euros for a double with bathroom). He says it's a well-worn budget place but with a great location just a block from Il Campo.

I don't know about the stairs, but at this price and location, I assume it's not on the ground floor and there's probably no elevator. There are 28 rooms on three floors of this old apartment house built in 1750.

Posted by
26 posts

My family of four will be spending three nights in Siena this summer. We'll be staying at the Albergo Cannon D'Oro www.cannondoro.com It has very good reviews on venere.com and it smack in the historic center of Siena. If you are taking the bus into Siena, it's just steps from where the bus lets you off. Other options that I researched were: Albergo Bernini, Piccolo Hotel Eutria, Piccolio Hotel il Palio and Hotel Chiusarelli. You can find very helpful reviews on venere.com and tripadvisor.com. Good luck.

Posted by
831 posts

bud,
The Alma Domus is a good budget choice but a little higher at 65 euro.

Posted by
934 posts

Hotel Chiusarelli is where Steves tour stayed last Nov.We stayed there on our own and liked it very much.Its only a block from the bus station.