Please sign in to post.

places to stay

can i find rooms in vernazza, rome, venice the 2nd and 3rd week of oct. with-out reservations?

Posted by
23585 posts

Yes !! May need some flexibility but should have no problems. And calling for reservations a couple days ahead can work well. And that assumes that there is no festival or special event underway at that time.

Posted by
11699 posts

You can, but consider reasons you might want to reserve in advance.
- Are you at all fussy about where you stay? If you end up with the room that does not have an ensuite bath or overlooks the busiest, noisiest street, do you care? - Are you willing to take an hour (or two or three) just to FIND a place to stay when you arrive? If you have a late arrival this can be especially annoying. All-in-all, I think you save a lot of time by reserving. - Are you willing to pay the highest rate? This can work inversely, too, you may save a few $$ if the proprietor is interested in renting the last room last minute, or if there is a cancellation. But how hard will you have to search to find these gems? I like to go in knowing I have a place to sleep that I have vetted, and not waste time looking when I get there. Of course, if you want to play it loose and are not certain from day-to-day where you will be, you would have to wait until you arrive. At least make your first night in Europe reservation. You'll be dog-tired and not really want to search. Good luck!