Please sign in to post.

pisa

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me plan our visit to Pisa. I am trying to book tickets ahead of time back to Florence from Pisa. Is this something I should buy at the station when we think we are done with our day trip? I don't know how much time I should spend there since we will be arriving from Florence at 9:30 and we booked Pisa tower at 12:15. Please let us know if I should buy the tickets in advance or at the station, also I was informed by Italyrail that by buying at the station they will be more expensive as supposed to buying them online ahead of time.
thank you

Posted by
6794 posts

Florence to Pisa is a regional train, you don't need to prebook and it doesn't give you a better price. Just buy on the day.

Posted by
870 posts

Italiarail is a re-seller. Use the Trenitalia site for e-tickets. The train from Pisa Centrale to Firenze SM Novella is regional, meaning that there are no discounts for advance purchases. Tickets from the web site for a specific date and time are good for 4 hours; any train on the route. Tickets purchased at the station [which I suggest you would buy on arrival as you have plenty of time] need to be date-stamped before boarding. Note these tickets have no fixed time.

Posted by
5687 posts

More importantly, regional trains cannot sell out - so there is no other benefit to buying in advance (except peace of mind I guess - one less thing to worry about). You'll get the same seat on the regional train whether you buy the ticket 10 minutes ahead or two months ahead.