Please sign in to post.

photographers - question about Civita di Bagnoregio cover photo RS 2015 Europe Tours brochure

We are travelling to Italy in May and will drive to Civita di Bagnoregio when we stay in Orvieto. I know there are many photographers who contribute to this site. Is anyone able to tell me the following regarding the cover photo of Civita on the RS 2015 Europe Tours brochure:
Where do you go to be able to take the shot of the bridge and Civita?
What time of day do you think the photo was taken i.e. early morning or late afternoon?
I would love to at least try to replicate a similar shot when we visit.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
JoAnn
Vernon BC

Posted by
247 posts

I'm guessing it might have been taken from the dining balcony at this restaurant:
http://www.hostariadelponte.it/?page_id=44

You should be able to get a similar shot from the road going towards Civita. You can poke around here on Google Streetview to see some good places:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.626094,12.109139,3a,75y,37.22h,81.49t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sJJN0g4bbkosCdupm4TKKnw!2e0

Additional note: I think the light is hitting the east side of Civita so this might have been taken at sunrise?

Posted by
13937 posts

I am not a photographer, but really it looks to me like it was taken from the viewing area just to the left of the beginning of the walkway across to Civita. BTW, I did not care for Civita and to me it looks better in this picture than in reality. Sorry for the downer comment!

editing to add: I went back and found my pictures of Civita. Mine was taken with my cell phone so is a much narrower view, but the height of the tower against the hills in the background are similar altho I am not a photographer so I am not sure if that comparison makes a difference. It does seem to be the same angle as the archway you see. The tour brochure has a much wider angle shot, mine you can sort of see how deep the canyon area is that you have to cross. I did take mine from the viewing area I mentioned.