Please sign in to post.

Pescara

I'm hoping to tag along with my husband when he travels to Pescara on business sometime in the next few months (no dates set yet). I'll be amusing myself during the day while he's working. I know I can take a 2.5 hour bus ride to Rome, but are there any other day trips that anyone can recommend? I may have access to his rental car...would driving in this area be ok? As others have mentioned in the past, there is not much tourist info available on the Abruzzo region, so any info would be much appreciated.

Posted by
12172 posts

I don't know the region but I'm sure there will be plenty of great places in the area.

Be sure to get a International Drivers Permit (IDP), available at AAA, if you are even considering driving.

I'd also highly recommend bringing a GPS unit along, highway signage in Italy uses a different logic than we are used to and there are virtually no street signs once off the autostrade.

There are also ferry options out of Pescara and nearby towns but, again, I'm not the best person to tell you about those.

If you go into Rome, you might drive part way then catch a train or bus for the last leg into the city.