Please sign in to post.

Pesaro

Staying in Pesaro first week in October. What are the must see thing in that part of Le Marche?

Posted by
667 posts

Fano is a cute small town nearby that I have enjoyed. I highly recommend Pergola with the bronze statues that were discovered by chance by a farmer. Truly amazing. The town is tiny and Italian comes in handy there. It is off the beaten path but I took the bus from Fano. I have stayed in Pesaro and Fano but prefer Fano. Fano is a short train trip away from Pesaro. Both are nice though. I ran a half marathon so we went through some other towns also. Urbino (also reachable by bus from Pesaro) is well worth a visit. I had wanted to visit Urbino for years and finally did last year. Google and see what is in the towns. It is a fabulous region that has very tourists. The hills around and the views of the water were spectacular these past 2 years.

Posted by
11464 posts

We were in Pesaro in early October a few years ago. Marvelous weather and no tourists on the beach. Pleasant evenings, uncrowded restaurants.

It is an easy day trip (1 hour by train) to Ravenna where you can view the incredible Byzantine mosaics. Ravenna is very pleasant overall. As mentioned, Urbino is worthwhile.