Please sign in to post.

Perugia

We will be staying in an Agriturismo outside Perugia. We would like to take our car to the train station, park, and take the minimetro to the old town. Is parking available and free at the station or is there a better place to park that is free? Thanks for any help, Virginia

Posted by
2088 posts

The station is close to the minimetro tram line that takes you up the steep hill. I can’t remember how much they charge for parking. We went about 15 years ago and found free parking nearby, but I suspect it’s much busier these days. Remember, the mini metro doesn’t run too late. What agriturismo are you staying at? We’re looking for one in that area for later in October. If you like art, the National Gallery in Perugia is well worth visiting.

Posted by
42 posts

Thanks. We are staying at Agriturismo Il Poggio degli Scoiattoli from November 8-12. Virginia

Posted by
15899 posts

I always park on Piazza Partigiani at the parking structure next to the bus station. From there I take the underground escalator up to the Rocca Paulina fortress.
See below a video of the path from Piazza Partigiani to the top on the escalator.
https://youtu.be/BfOzKoGo6KE

Posted by
2088 posts

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, they are full the nights we want.

Posted by
211 posts

There's no parking at the train station. Go to the end of the minimetrò line at Pian di Massiano. Plenty of free parking--put Piazza Umbria Jazz in your sat-nav or phone. The minimetrò is €1.50 each way, and less if you buy a bunch of them; 10-11 minutes to the last stop in the historic center, Pincetto. And yes, the metro doesn't run late; it closes down around 9:20 pm.