Please sign in to post.

Perugia

Does anyone know of good places to stay in Perugia? I have one good tip from Dennis of the Hotel Sant' Ercolano. Any other ideas?? thanks in advance!!
Amy

Posted by
109 posts

We just wrapped up living in Perugia for six months, so I think I can help here!! So, the Hotel Rosalba is perfectly located, right by the Centro Storico, and by the scala mobile, which will whisk you up into town should you not want to enjoy the delightful walk up the Via Indipendza into town. Our friends from Texas stayed there while visiting us. It's quiet, well located, roomy and airy rooms, and pretty darn reasonable. It would be my first choice, and indeed was for our friends. The Hotel Eden is right up in town. More expensive, but in a very nice location. We looked inside this place for our friends, and it would have worked great. If you stay in Perugia, make sure you visit these two places: Caffe Baglioni on Via Baglioni. Great people, great coffee, and a great place to stop and watch Italian life. Then there is Pizzeria Mediterrania up by the fountain in the main square. BEST pizza we had in Italy!! Cheers!! IM me if you'd like pictures of Perugia and more insight!

Posted by
223 posts

If you are traveling by train, I can recommend the moderately priced Primavera Mini Hotel. It is located within the walls of the old town in a quiet neighborhood. If you have a car it is much easier to stay outside the walls as parking is a real challenge.

Posted by
109 posts

Let me know if you have a car. We had a car for our 6 months, and have a fantastic, safe, close and free parking lot for you to park your car in. Cheers!

Posted by
1018 posts

Several years ago we spent a week at the Hotel Fortuna in Perugia. It was located 50 meters from the two main, connected piazzas. The property was very nice and the staff was very friendly. You could also look at venere.com and tripadvisor.com for choices, pricing, map, locations, and client reviews. Venere would have more reliable client reviews because a person must have stayed at a place before they can leave feedback. Buon viaggio,