Please sign in to post.

Perugia

Any suggestions on places to stay in/around Perugia? Thanks!

Posted by
1883 posts

Robin, we stayed in Perugia a few years ago, but I can't remember the hotel name! However, I have used venere.com for Italy and have never been disappointed in the quality we got. You can search by price, location, etc. If you make a reservation, you can still cancel without penalty within 24 hours of arrival.

I've found this site to be my go-to each time I plan a holiday in Italy.

Happy travels! Eat some chocolate for all of us when you are in Perugia!

Posted by
9110 posts

Venere is absolutely the way to do it. Pick something with a rating of above 7.5 with a goodly number of raters and you can't go wrong, regardless of price.

Do NOT let anybody talk you out of going to Perugia!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, guys, I'll check out Venere. Ed, I don't think anyone could ever talk me out of going anywhere in Italy! Ciao, Robin

Posted by
1018 posts

Several years ago we stayed in Perugia for a week at the Hotel Fortuna and were extremely satisfied with its accommodations. It is located about 50 meters from one of the 2 main piazzas. I found it in Frommer's guide and it may be on venere.com. I've used venere.com many times and have been very happy with the service. You can read the reviews made by the clients after they have stayed in the properties.

Buon viaggio,

RB

Posted by
5 posts

Hi! We stayed 5 nights in Perugia (were there for the chocolate festival:) in a lovely hotel called Primavera Mini Hotel. Rooms were lovely - quiet location - not too far from the piazzas - and quite inexpensive. You can find them online at www.primaveraminihotel.com
Karen