Please sign in to post.

Pensione Guerrato

What is the best way to get to the Pensione Guerrato in Venice from the airport? There are 5 of us and it seems like a water taxi would only cost slightly more than the other options and may be easier and quicker.

Posted by
1201 posts

Obviously, a water taxi would be the fastest and the coolest transport from the airport. And I personally think that it's a wonderful way to get to Venice.

But it's slightly more than double the price of the cheapest method. The bus and the vaporetto combo is 9.50 euro per person. For 5, total 47.50

Alilaguna will cost 13 euro per person for a total of 65 euro. Linea Arrancio goes to the Rialto.

The water taxi will run you about 100 euro and will take about half the time as the other two methods.

Posted by
7737 posts

Depending on what time of year you'll be there and what time of day you'll be arriving, the vaporetto (the water bus) can be VERY crowded, especially for five people with bags. So if you can afford the water taxi, go for it! And have a great time. You'll love Venice. Say Hi to Roberto and Piero at Pensione Guerrato. That's a wonderful place to stay.

Posted by
46 posts

You will LOVE Pensione Guerrato! Everything about it is charming and wonderful. If possible, request a room with a view...so worth it! If there are five of you, and the water taxi is 100 Euros, I would go for it! What a way to arrive in Venezia! It might cost a bit more but with five to share the cost, I would jump on it! Somethings are worth a splurge! The dock where you will disembark, is about a two or three minute walk from the Pensione. As someone already said, the vaparettos are usually crowded and the thought of five of you trying to navigate through with your luggage doesn't sound like much fun. You will be in Venezia....enjoy!

Posted by
7737 posts

The dock by the vegetable market is less than a one minute walk to Guerrato, per my memory. You just walk across the little piazza and there you are.