Please sign in to post.

Pay as you go cell phone

I do not own a cell phone, but I would like to have something while I am in Italy. Does anyone know which pay as you go phone has the best international plan? Of course I am doing my own research, but just wanted to get other people's thoughts.

Posted by
10344 posts

This doesn't answer all your questions but may get you pointed in the right direction Rick's Europe Cell Phone 101.This subject is frequently discussed here and you can quickly find these prior discussions by following these instructions New Method to Search the Helpline for Dozens of AnswersAlso click around other topics in Rick's Travel Tips.Rick also discusses this subject in his book ETBD 2009.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks Kent,
I could never figure out how to search this forum well.

Posted by
10344 posts

Beth: Yes, we're trying to get the word out:Dozens or even hundreds of answers to your questions are waiting for you in the vast Helpline archives of prior discussions.But it's a waste of time to attempt to use the built-in search box in the upper right of this page. To get your question answered really well, use the search method described in the post I linked you to. And then you'll be one of the few to know the secret to unlocking the dozens of answers to many questions--usually many more answers than we can provide here in current time.

Posted by
1003 posts

You can also check out www.Telestial.com They have lots of info. on using cell phones in Europe, etc. There is a SIM card tutorial you can read to understand it all.