Please sign in to post.

Path of The Gods

Has anyone hiked Path if the Gods near Positano? Would you recommend a guide? Tell me about your experience! Thanks 😊

Posted by
73 posts

I did not but I would say depending on your age and health you may want to.
I was considering it on my trip last year, but I did so much walking up and down sightseeing, I figured , what am I trying to prove? Just 1 person’s point of view. Try it on and see if it fits

Posted by
3879 posts

Hi, buckeye. Welcome to the Forum! A friend and I did the hike in 2014 and enjoyed it. He hired a guide and enjoyed her company; she taught us about the flora and fauna along the way. Most do it without a guide. There was only one spot along the lower path that I thought was a little confusing.

If you use the search bar at the top of the page, you will find many previous posts about the Path of the Gods.

Posted by
182 posts

I hiked it several years ago with my daughter and son-in-law. Loved it. We did use a guide--Zia Lucy. She was great----grew up in Positano. She offer's lots of different hikes and food tours.
Yes, I'm sure lots do it without a quide but what happen's if you take a fall and you are on your own? Our group was 8-9 people. It was a beautiful day--no rain---2 fell on our hike---because of loose gravel. No injuries but you really need to be careful of your footing.
It was one of the highlights of our trip but then I love the outdoors. Hope you can make it work.Enjoy!