Please sign in to post.

Path of the Gods

Has anyone had experienced taking a taxi from Amalfi to Bomerano? Is it easy to get a taxi in the morning and what is the approximate cost?

Also, has anyone taken the high Trail for Path of the Gods (327a)? I’ve heard that it is a bit more difficult but better if you have a fear of heights.

Posted by
743 posts

I honestly have no idea which one we took, though with looking at a map, it doesn't look TOO different with only a slight offshoot. I know that there was one time that we couldn't find the trail and we took something that we thought it was supposed to be and we ended up almost in the same place and having to go around a stile to keep going? I would say that some parts might be more difficult for folks that are afraid of heights, but I didn't notice too much as I was ok.

For the taxi, I have no idea, but I want to tell you that it is probably a great idea! I had one of the most stressful/crowded bus experiences of my Italian life going to Bomerano! It was not fun at all and I had to use all of my Italian squishing skills to even get a seat! Also if you go on your own, the trail might be less populated compared to right when everyone gets off the bus.

Posted by
2531 posts

We took the bus so don’t know about taxi. We did take the upper route . I don’t remember it being especially terrible.

As you come off the trail there is a convenience store. We bought bus tickets to Positano (as opposed to taking all the stairs down). We then went down to the water and took a ferry back to Amalfi. It was lively and much better than the bus!

Posted by
743 posts

HA we also took the bus down as after 3 hours we were tired of "going and going and going" and I know hoe awful going DOWN stairs is constantly haha we took the ferry from Positano to Salerno and it was a good day......then before going back to the B&B we went to Pizzeria Trianon! WOOOOOOOO