Please sign in to post.

Passports

Is it a good idea to make a hardcopy and or photo on camera of passports

Posted by
1446 posts

I think it's a good idea but I've heard comments to the contrary as to whether it would really be helpful or not in an emergency or if you lost your passports. I went ahead & took the precaution. Hubby and I each traveled with an Itouch & we scanned our passports into the computer & then e-mailed them to ourselves on the Itouch. If we had a problem overseas, we could access the copies on our Itouch. I also left hard copies with my mom at home. I like to know that in case of the worst case scenario, I am at least a little prepared!

Posted by
37 posts

Same here there are 4 of us traveling together i have copies of all our passports on my iPhone and we all have hard copies of each others in our suitcases and at home so if anything happens there are backups. Always a good idea. Cliff

Posted by
4152 posts

I always have a copy of my passport. I leave a copy at home and take one with me. If your passports are lost or stolen it's much easier to get a replacement if you have copies of it than if you don't. Donna

Posted by
11 posts

I made copies of our passports, created PDF docs and saved them on a flash drive. I also saved copies of living wills and health care surrogate just in case. The flash drive is small and easy to hide away.

Posted by
4407 posts

Just in general, remember that whatever is on your camera will be seen by a thief...should you be so unlucky :-(

Posted by
15096 posts

Have a hard copy. If you need to get your passport replaced, it will be much easier to just hand them a photocopy than to have to leave your camera. They don't do it on the spot. It takes some time. Nothing wrong with scanning a copy and sending it to yourself via email so it could be printed if necessary. But I agree the camera is not the way to go.

Posted by
475 posts

I scanned copies and saved them to a file that is on my yahoo email account so very easy to access if I need!

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for all idea's. We did make hard copies,but I like the flash drive idea. Again, thanks