Please sign in to post.

Parma

As 3 adults, we will be in Parma for 3 days in late May. We are interested in a 1/2 day food tour ( of the local products), with transportation provided. There are so many listed - please give us a great recommendation.

Also interested in "local" restaurants in the central part of old Parma. Thank you

Posted by
83 posts

I have never done a tour so I can't comment on that.
Regarding restaurants, the first ones that come to mind:
• Trattoria Corrieri
• Borgo20
• OsteMagno (don't be intimidated by the owner, he is one of a kind, but one of the kindest and funniest I know) (also, this is the only place where you can still pay an espresso 0,90€. In general, this is one of the best restaurants you can find on the cheapest scale)
• Sorelle Picchi
• Trattoria del Tribunale

You have to try: cappelletti in brodo, tortelli di erbetta, tortelli di zucca, tortelli di patate, every type of salume, torta fritta/gnocco fritto.

For panini, sandwiches (which I highly recommend you try, especially the ones with pesto di cavallo if you eat meat):
• Da Walter
• Pepen

Posted by
1388 posts

I don't know if you'd get the same person, but we enjoyed our food tour + lunch that I found from ToursByLocals. He drove. And he let us specify cheese, balsamic vinegar, and wine, excluding meat products.

My restaurant recommendations for Parma from 2016 would be out of date, I think. But you will eat well!

Posted by
5687 posts

Parma is a wonderful, vibrant town, and not that touristy unlike so many other towns.

Posted by
83 posts

A girl I know (who just wrote a guide book of Parma - unfortunetely it's in italian, but it's great. I bought it myself even though I've lived here all my life, for now at least) just recommended the guide Daniela Lanfredi. She took a tour with her to have an in depth conversation about the city.
Here's the guide's Instagram profile: https://instagram.com/daniela.lanfredi_tourist_guide?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I've seen she does food tours as well as city tours.