Please sign in to post.

Parking in Vernazza

Has anyone parked their rental car at the car park in Vernazza while staying in Vernazza? How much is it per day & is it safe? Landlord says it’s along the street Ettore Vernazza that is immediately on the right at the end of the staircase of the station for 100 meters until the number 47.

Posted by
4578 posts

I would not worry about safety, but I would worry about the lot being full when I needed it. Please add which month--though even outside of high season, I would worry on a sunny weekend.
It is often recommended that those who will have a car leave it in a garage in La Spezia, but I do not have personal experience. If you share your full itinerary, we may have other ideas.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for your reply. The landlord did give us a phone number for parking in Vernazza but I am worried about having a confirmed reservation for parking & I don’t really want to make an international call as I don’t speak Italian. We will be arriving on September 16, 2023 from Umbria.. Also, we thought of leaving the car in La Spezia. Apparently there are 2 free lots in town. But, I don’t know how far the lots are from the train station. Yes, any suggestions are welcome.

Posted by
1732 posts

The drive down to Vernazza is narrow and steep with constant hairpin turns. Your reward for reaching town is difficult parking and there's nowhere to drive the car to except back up the hideous road. Pay the money and park in the modern secure garage under the train station in La Spezia. While it's secure, still don't leave anything visible in the car or vital to the remainder of your trip.

Posted by
1070 posts

Agree with Mike. Park in La Spezia and take the train to Vernazza. Much more convenient, probably quicker, and no risk of getting there to find the lot full.