Please sign in to post.

Parking in Florence

I am trying to see where we can park in or just outside the historic Florence.We would take a cab into the city but we have no option but to drive our car there.Any advise
Pat

Posted by
6898 posts

Be advised that parking at the train station is limited and you won't be able to park anywhere around the historic area. I understand from other threads that there may be reasonable and available parking near the Pitti Palace on the other side of the river. Use the search feature on this website to bring up threads on parking in historic Florence. It is not advised. Fines are very expensive. I also understand that a permit is required.

Posted by
3551 posts

Consider Fiesole on the hill which has a great view of Florence and some restaurants. Then bus it to Florence just a short ride, enjoy villas on the ride down to Florence. Taxis are also avail.
You should check with TI if you need overnight parking.

Posted by
6898 posts

Fiesole is a good idea. You can take the No. 7 bus down to the main train station. For restaurants, there is the Villa San Michele if you want to go top end. Two for lunch including wine and desert was 280E or $387 as it was shown converted on our Visa statement. (We knew about the high expense before we left. We did a few top-end dining things while in Italy). We did cab down and it was 25Euro.