Please sign in to post.

Parking in Cinque Terra

We'll be in Cinque Terra in early october. No reservations yet. Is there one of the villages that offers greater parking options than the others?

Posted by
791 posts

We usually park in the pay lot in Monterosso, right on the water. Last time we were there I think it was about 10 euro a day. Since we always stay in Vernazza, it's the most convenient one for us. There is also a garage outside of Monterosso which we ended up in by accident a couple months ago, cost 15 euro a day.

Posted by
791 posts

Ask the hotel where you book. They may have parking for you.
Where's Bonaire? We're from Dallas near Mareitta.

Posted by
50 posts

My understanding is that there are parking lots in each of the CT towns. I hope so because we are going in mid-October and hope to stay in Manarola or Riomaggiore. We chose these to towns because we are not adventure drivers and the road past Manarola is reportedly somewhat intimidating. We will be driving in from La Spezia.

Posted by
12313 posts

We were in Vernazza in October and could have parked there. The lot is small and probably packed in the summer. All of the towns have limited parking, Monterosso will have the most parking available.

Posted by
81 posts

We also parked in Monterossa. I did not find the driving in Cinque Terre intimidating at all. We were just there this past May and had good intentions to take the train and found our way on the coastal road enjoying the views and just kept on driving. Found very little traffic, but this was May and not a great weather day.

Posted by
5 posts

You can also get to Cinque Terra by boat or by train if you don't have to have a car. We traveled from Florence to La Spezia by train and took the boat from there to the furthest village. Then made our way back village by village by foot and / or by train.