Please sign in to post.

Parking in Cinque Terra

My wife and I will be driving from Florence airport to Cinque Terra in Mid-Oct. We will be staying in Manarola for two nights. We had planned on parking in the lot above the town. Rick suggests getting to the lots mid AM to get a space when overnighters are leaving. We will not get in until noon or so. An option would be park in La Speza and take the local train to Manarola. We are commited to the rental car in Florence. Which option would you recommend. Grazie

Posted by
32222 posts

Bob, Parking in La Spezia would probably be the easiest option, although in mid-October the Cinque Terre will probably be somewhat "quiet" anyway as they'll be starting to shut down for the winter. I assume you're aware of the compulsory IDP for driving in Italy, and also the ZTL areas which are especially prevalent in Florence? Happy travels!

Posted by
166 posts

We were able to park in La Spezia in October arriving late afternoon. It's much quieter then vs. peak season.

Posted by
2829 posts

In October weekdays, you can bet on having places available on all villages, so you can drive from one to another.

Posted by
791 posts

You can also contact your hotel and ask if they have parking available and ask to reserve a spot if so. May be a bit more expensive but you'll know you have a space. But, as the others said, that time of year shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by
64 posts

thanks for the helpful information. It sounds like the crowds will have disipated so I will park at the lot above Manarola.