Please sign in to post.

Papal Audience

I want to attend a Papal Audience in December. Has anyone used a travel agency in the U.S. acquire a ticket? I know that the tickets are free but using a travel agency alleviates standing on a long line very early in the morning.

Posted by
20 posts

I cut and pasted this from a travel website. When we went to an audience, we got tickets following the second procedure listed here. The audience is quite long, and to get a good seat it is best to arrive early. As an alternative, Pope Francis may give a Sunday address at noon in St. Peter's Square. This is much shorter, and more intimate.
REQUEST PAPAL AUDIENCE TICKETS VIA EMAIL THROUGH AMERICAN SOURCES IN ROME
Another easy way to request Papal Audience tickets is to send an email ([email protected]) with your request to the Pontifical North American College.
They will email you back confirming or your denying your request, and give you instructions for picking up your tickets.
If you are granted tickets, you will need to pick them up from their office near the Trevi Fountain. You can do this on the afternoon prior to the audience, between 3-7pm.
You may fill in the request form on the website of the American Church in Rome, Saint Patrick's. You can also email them directly. They MAY email you back with an answer and pickup instructions. But sometimes they don't, as they get so many requests. They ask that you not call them asking for confirmation, but rather that you go to their location (Via Boncompagni, 31) on the Tuesday afternoon before the audience to collect your tickets.

Posted by
47 posts

Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I will email the visitors office with my request to attend the papal audience.