Please sign in to post.

Pantheon Tickets May-June 2024

Hi, all, I've seen past comments on this topic. But since Pantheon tickets are a new thing, I'm just wanting to know what people are actually finding now. Am hoping to get some replies from folks who have been there this month (May 2024) and can advise. I've heard that the lines to buy tickets on site are shorter than the lines to pick up pre-purchased tickets. If you've been there in May, what have you found? We'll be there next week, the first week of June. Will it be ok to wait and get our tickets when we get there? Thanks for your help!

Posted by
432 posts

I visited the Pantheon last week. I had purchased tickets in advance (paying with PayPal after reading the Pantheon's website does not easily process US credit cards). Upon arriving at the Pantheon at 5 p.m. on a weekday, there did not seem to a be an inordinately long line for those who had not purchased tickets in advance. However, I was very glad I already had my ticket in hand. I walked straight to the entrance (no line at all). Having arrived one hour before the stated reservation time, I was prepared to be told, "Come back in an hour." Instead the guard admitted me right away.

Posted by
18 posts

Well, I'm answering my own question... I just got an email back today from a friend who visited the Pantheon today -- Wednesday, May 29, 2024 -- at 2:00 pm. They did not buy tickets in advance. They got in the "cash" line and got inside in less than 5 minutes! She also said that "If you use a credit card, after you pay, you have to get in another line before you can enter." And "prepaid tickets was a much longer line I’m pretty sure." So, for what it's worth, that was my friend's experience yesterday afternoon.

Posted by
18 posts

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, Elizabeth! So glad to know that your prepaid ticket worked out perfectly for you!

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you for this information, we will be in Rome in the first week of June and I have been contemplating to buy online or on site , I am going to take chances and buy directly on site now!

Posted by
18 posts

That's great, Snehal. You're welcome. I trust that will work fine for you!

Posted by
6 posts

We were just at the Pantheon on May 31. We had tried earlier to make on-line reservations with no success (bookings appeared to be sold out). The line for people with “advance” reservations was extremely long. We accidentally discovered the “cash only” entry line on the left side of the building. There was essentially no waiting & we got in immediately…. You must pay in cash only though.

Posted by
15 posts

We just went on 5/18. The line to get in without purchased tickets on that Sunday seemed very long and it was still hot at 4pm. We avoided standing in line for everything we planned in Italy. The like for ticketed people was not too long and everyone was getting in quickly from there.

Posted by
6 posts

@Jane, I hope you are having a fantastic trip! We will be there in early July, and I am curious how you found the process. What did you end up doing? Do you have any suggestions for us?
Christa

Posted by
10 posts

We were there last week , we bought tickets on spot in cash line, and got in very quickly , the line for pre purchased tickets was very long.

Posted by
18 posts

Hi, Christa, thanks! We had a wonderful time! And yes, as others here are saying, we opted to pay by cash and were so glad we did. The line for paying by cash was very short. There were a lot of other very long lines. We got in in less than 5 minutes at 4:30 on a Friday.