Please sign in to post.

Pantheon Tickets

Anyone found the secret to getting pantheon tickets online. The website has been down and it will not take US credit cards.
Is it possible to get tickets the day you wish to visit if we can’t get tickets online?

Posted by
529 posts

When we went last week a kind employee at the front of the crazy long line explained that they will not accept non-euro credit cards online but will in person. She told me to come back at 9:00 am the next morning. The line was very short and we got in quickly. Inside it was not overwhelmed. When we left 10:15 the line was longer but not crazy. In the afternoon the lines filled the whole piazza.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so much, Karen.

Great information.

This eases our concern that we might miss the Pantheon while in Rome.
You have been so kind.

Posted by
3812 posts

it will not take US credit cards

It will take all visa cards as long as they are enrolled in the "Verified by Visa" security protocol. If you have a Mastercard, it's called SecurCode or something similar.

You must call your credit card company and speak with somebody who knows these protocols, usually it's the fraud prevention department. The first guys taking calls know nothing about EU stuff.

Posted by
42 posts

It took me a few tries and I finally had to email them because it wasn't sending me a code. They fixed it and I finally got tickets. Remember to try early in the day with the time change. It also took my Capital One Visa. Good luck.