Please sign in to post.

Pantheon

Everyone of my credit Visa & Mastercard credit cards are declined for entry tickets. I have used for international travel. Very frustrating. Tried contacting in morning. Anyone having succes with their payment system, PagoPA?

Posted by
79 posts

Hi:

I purchased my tickets this morning. My credit card wouldn't work either when I tried it, but I had read on TripAdvisor that using PayPal would work.

Choose "Other Payment Methods" rather than credit/debit card. It then gives you a list of choices. I chose "Intesa San Paolo", which then asked for my PayPal login, I was then able to complete the purchase and received my confirmation email with QR code to obtain tickets at the site.

Good Luck!

Posted by
389 posts

Have you tried a different browser? It could be your privacy settings. I remember trying to buy tickets for certain Rome attractions and having trouble with the Verified By Visa because the popup was blocked

Posted by
8 posts

So instead I found a different way to by a ticket for $15 euros more! ..& to boot, I have to pickup my ticket at a different location/church nearby! Very not happy...

Posted by
31 posts

I had a similar problem. I emailed their customer service & they got back to me immediately. I don't remember the exact fix, but it was a matter of selecting another payment method, and then it worked.

Posted by
8 posts

I decided to lock any future transactions on my credit card; it seems suspicious the guide isn't part of the Pantheon, nor doubt they want them soliciting on their actual location.
I thought I was giving to the church & would pick up my ticket on site! My naivete!
Anyways,
I hope to still get entry, & listen to Rick Steves in my ears!!
(*& never to meet this scammer)

Posted by
525 posts

It might not be a scam. There are guides who hang around outside the Pantheon, sell tickets, and provide a tour. I had friends who paid 15 euros recently for a tour that they picked up outside the Pantheon and said it was a great tour.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks, for the replIes. We'll see another church so that will be great, too.

Posted by
77 posts

Anyone had any success yet? I am also trying to purchase Pantheon tickets to no success.

I don't want to do Paypal or Apple pay.....for one thing the Convenience Fee is higher.