Please sign in to post.

Packing List for Best of Rome in 7 Days (October 8-14, 2023)

Medications... Rick advises that we should bring our medications in their orignial bottles. Is that really necessary? That'd take up a lot of room. (I have done some practice packing and I really don't want to add several medicine bottles.)

Swim Suit... Do I really need to pack a swim suit?

Posted by
11429 posts

Swim Suit... Do I really need to pack a swim suit?

Only if you intend to go swimming.

Posted by
900 posts

Unless your hotel has a swimming pool there is no need for a swimsuit.

Re meds. Have you considered having your pharmacist make you up at blister pack? If you take a few different meds its a very useful way to keep track of them while traveling and easier to pack (its flat like a file folder) than numerous bottles. What I have done recently is to get a couple of pill boxes from the pharmacy and prepare my doses (morning and evening for me, so its easy). I always take a few extra days worth of meds. I have never been questioned about my meds when traveling, even with insulin. If you go the blister pack route they will stick a label for each med on the pack. Whatever you do, do not pack meds in your checked suitcase. They should be in your personal bag or carry-on.

Posted by
3221 posts

Blister packs are very lightweight.
Another tip is to bring a few days’ worth of extra meds, in case of unforeseen delays in your length of trip.
And yes….all meds, eyeglasses, device charging cords and any other valuables must not be in your checked baggage.
Don’t pack anything in your checked bag that you cannot function without.

I’m not sure where you would need a swimsuit in Rome!
Leave it at home.
My packing tip is to only pack things you will use three times or more on a trip.
I think I learned that here a long time ago.

Have a wonderful trip!