Please sign in to post.

Overnight flight

Our flight starts at 5:30 pm and then to New York and then the New York flight is 10:40 pm and then we arrive in Paris at 12:00 the next day. Our next flight is from Paris to Milan at 6:30 pm-8:00 pm.

What would you do from the layover from noon-6:30? Would you try to find a shower since we won’t have had a shower or brushed our teeth ? How would you keep from feeling nasty or do you just tough it out ? We are flying an airline I never head of - openskies and then vueling

Posted by
7049 posts
  • Take a shower at home right before your flight
  • Dress comfortably for the flight
  • You can use any bathroom to brush teeth or refresh (using wipes or whatever)
  • Make sure you keep your toiletries with you so you have them ready on the layover
  • You can change completely into new clothes during the layover (not a perfect solution, but it will help)
  • Perhaps access to an airport lounge is possible (but may be expensive if you don't get it as a bonus from a credit card)
  • I don't think you'll feel THAT nasty - People go hiking, trekking, and camping for days without taking a shower, so a flight in an air conditioned space where you're not moving a lot or exerting much energy is not really that awful

I would use the layover to refresh, change clothes, eat something substantive, get some coffee, stretch my legs by walking around the airport, and spending some time reading a book or fine-tuning my itinerary. Six hours is a long time, but the flight may be late so who knows. I had a 4.5 hour layover at CDG once and I just used to relax, eat, and window shop.

Posted by
2047 posts

Some airports have sleeping rooms with showers you can rent by the hour. I checked. Looks like there’s one at CDG airport called YOTELair. You may want to check out their site. Such places tend to be expensive, but can work out. I’ve had such a long layover at CDG. I remember being very sleepy. My husband and I took turns napping. I do remember feeling pretty wiped out when we reached our final destination. But starting a vacation is always invigorating by the next day. Best to make sure you have set transportation (taxi) to your Milan hotel.

Posted by
15144 posts

Are you flying Air France or their partner Delta Airlines?
There is an AF flight from CDG to Milan Malpensa departing CDG at 3:20pm, why aren’t you taking that one?
Are you flying to Milan Linate instead?
In that case there is a flight at 5:15 with Alitalia (also partner with Delta and AirFrance.
See if you can rebook any of the above. I know Linate is closer to the city, but if Malpensa has earlier flights, I’d take Malpensa. From Malpensa to Cadorna station it’s only 35 min train ride.

Posted by
20017 posts

Heads up everybody. The Openskies flight is from JFK to ORY, not CDG. It shows up as Iberia 2690, operated by Openskies for Level France.

That should alter some of the advice given.

Vueling has flights at 6:30 am, 12:25 pm, and 6:30 pm. The 12:25 is obviously impossible, so that leaves the 6:30 pm flight as the only option.