Please sign in to post.

Ostia Antica

We will be spending 3 nights in Ostia Antica. Besides the ruins, is there a actual town/village the meander in? Any restaurants? Staying at a hotel Domus Gratiae. Anynody ever stay there or know about it?

Posted by
1026 posts

Hello Charlie, I haven't been there but I actually knew someone from Ostia - the current beach access town past Ostia Antica. The beach is the typical Italian beach with lined umbrellas and lounge chairs. And there should be the usual cluster of restaurants and nightlife that go with beach towns. I looks like there is both bus and train access since the tracks pass Ostia Antica and continue down through the beach town.

I'm afraid I don't have any more detailed information than that, but you won't just be on your own with the ruins and no real town nearby like in Paestum. I'm sure they'll have suggestions for places to eat at the place you're staying.

Sounds fun, have a great trip!
=Tod

Posted by
1523 posts

In December when we went to visit the ruins, we enjoyed eating at nearby Arianna al Borghetto. Check it out to see if it's your kind of place.