Please sign in to post.

Online Ticket Purchases in US for Italy Museums/Rail

I am trying to purchase tickets for the Uffizi (using the site - http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffizi/default.aspx). It is not accepting my VISA. I have checked with my bank several times and they show no attempt to charge the card so it is not blocked on their end. I had called last week and notified all my companies of advance purchases overseas.

Any advice about to purchase tickets to Uffizi? This is extremely frustrating.

Posted by
1170 posts

Try this website.

http://en.firenze.waf.it/museo_dett/27-state-museums/116-uffizi-gallery-tickets.html

You can't buy railway tickets online through Trenitalia using a U.S. issued credit card. No worries though. I recommend getting to the train station a little early and purchasing through the automated kiosks in the lobby. It's fast and very intuitive. I wouldn't try to buy them beforehand anyway, because you never know when you will be delayed in getting to the train station. Trains run very frequently between cities, so if you miss the one you want, there will be another one along shortly.

Posted by
213 posts

Forget about booking Uffizi tickets online. Phone this number: 011-39-0552-94883. Those numbers include the international access code, the Italy country code, and the ticket office number--dial exactly as they are. You'll get an English speaking clerk. The office is open from 8:3- to 6:30 (0830-1830) Mon - Fri. Allow for the 6 hour time difference. It's very easy and will only take a couple minutes. You will be given a reservation number; no credit card charges possible; you pay with cash when you pick up the tickets.

Posted by
3 posts

I paid for Accademia tickets with my Visa 10 days ago. The charge is on my card but I did not get the reservation/conformation code via email. I wonder if this is a scam?

Posted by
1003 posts

as a prevous poster stated, just call over there and make reservations. I did it several weeks in advance for trip this past July. Very easy to do.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes, but I have a charge on my credit card and no way chase down these SOBs? So now what?

Posted by
1317 posts

For Bob--

1) check your spam filter. Sometimes these things get caught in the junk mail.

2) contact them and let them know you never received the confirmation, but that the charge is showing.

3) all else fails, dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Posted by
267 posts

When I was in Florence, I asked my B&B owner to book them for me. I told her an approximate time we wanted to go there.
There was no charge for this; she sent me the reservation number, which I printed out and presented to the Uffizi gallery upon entrance. They gave us our tickets from there and that is where we paid.
We did the same for the Accademia.
This way, also, we didn't pay any extra fees that some ticket sellers charge, and we didn't fear being ripped off.
Good luck, and enjoy your trip!