Please sign in to post.

One night in Rome

Looking for a nice reasonable hotel to spend the night before catching our flight home the next day. It would be great if they had a shuttle service. Any suggestions.

Posted by
23562 posts

None of the Rome hotel will have a shuttle service to the airport, But a private shuttle service can be arranged and your hotel will do it for you. For our one night stands in Rome we use Hotel Contila just one block south of Termini. A little further away is Sonya,

Posted by
4152 posts

You can use venere.com to find hotels in the termini area. None will have shuttles to the airport as Frank says but you can arrange a transfer yourself. I always use romecabs.com. They get great reviews on this and other sites. Donna

Posted by
244 posts

Termini is well located and you can spend 70 euros on a cab or much less on a train or bus. There are many nice hotels nearby. Tripadvisor.com does a pretty good job of compiling customer ratings. I look things up on Kayak.com looking for deals, or contact the hotel directly.

Posted by
2207 posts

There are a few hotels in Rome that do offer a free airport shuttle - although they are scattered everywhere. I would certainly check at the hotel you choose to see if it's still free and what time it operates. If you have a 06:00 flight, many of the shuttles do not start until 07:00. So do check in advance. I am familiar with the Atlante Garden hotel as I've had freinds stay there and it was in my old neighborhood. They used the "free" shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Also, the Alimandi Vaticano Hotel and Hotel Romulus have a free airport shuttle. Hotel Metro Rome has free shuttle service from the major train statons to their hotel. The Holiday Inn Hotel Rome-Eur Parco Dei Medici offers a free shuttle but it is halfway between FCO and town.